Last Modified Date: 08 Jun 2022
- Tableau Cloud
ResolutionAs a workaround, enable inline frame authentication with SAML.
If your IdP supports authentication inside an inline frame (iframe), you can enable transparent embedded views. See Default authentication type for embedded views in Configure Site Authentication for more information on enabling inline frame.
Steps to enable inline frame and SAML as the default authentication type for embedded views:
- Sign-in to Tableau Cloud as a Site Administrator.
- Select Settings and then Authentication.
- Below the configured SAML connection, select Edit Connection....
- Under Embedding options, select Authenticate using an inline frame.
- Under Default authentication type for embedded views, select SAML.
- Go to the IdP’s configuration settings and enable sign-in through iframes.
CauseTableau Cloud currently supports using Tableau ID and SAML, based on email addresses, to authenticate users.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials