Last Modified Date: 29 Jul 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
- MS SQL Server
Option 1Upgrade to Tableau Desktop 2018.2.12 or a newer version. See Tableau Desktop Downloads and Release Notes for downloads of current and previous versions of Tableau Desktop. For more information on current releases, see Upgrade Tableau Desktop and Desktop Upgrade.
Once upgraded, the 'Viewer credentials' option is available for selection, under Data Sources.
Option 2After confirming that your environment has been successfully configured for Kerberos, complete the following steps:
- Open Tableau Desktop and select 'Help > Settings and Performance > Clear Saved Server Sign-ins'. This will clear all old connection information from Tableau Desktop.
- Run the following command from a command prompt run as Administrator on the computer running Tableau Desktop:
The above command will clear Kerberos user tickets off of the system.
- Launch Internet Explorer in Private mode, and navigate to the Tableau Server URL. This step prevents any active sessions or cookies from being brought back in during the Kerberos authentication process.
- Launch Tableau Desktop and sign into Tableau Server.
- Open a new connection to the data source.
- Publish this data connection or workbook to Tableau Server, and confirm that 'Viewer Credentials' is now an Authentication option.
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue (ID: 922900) which has been fixed in a recent release of Tableau Desktop.
Additional InformationBefore attempting resolution, confirm that the Tableau Server environment and database have been successfully configured for Kerberos. For more information, see Configure Kerberos
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials