Last Modified Date: 30 Nov 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Vertica 7.2 and newer
ResolutionCarry out the following procedure:
1. Verify that the user has access to the desired tables, e.g.:
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public to <user>;
2. Grant the user access to the all_tables system table:
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE all_tables to <user>;
CauseThe Vertica user requires access to the all_tables system table in order to view tables in Tableau Desktop.
Additional InformationFor more information about this topic, see the following articles:
- Vertica documentation on GRANT (Table) statements
- Security update VER-38152 in Vertica 7.2.X Release Notes
- Vertica 9.0.x documentation on SystemTableRestriction
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials