Last Modified Date: 10 Dec 2019
- Tableau Desktop 2019.1 and later
- Tableau Server 2019.1 and later
- Tableau Online 2019.1 and later
Option 1Upgrade to the latest version of Tableau, for more information, see the Tableau Release Notes. The feature to select the target Web page object in an URL action was implemented in Tableau 2019.1. For more information about this feature, see Flexibly target web content from dashboards in Tableau Help.
Option 2As a possible workaround, add the images as custom shapes to create a visualization that can be used as a viz in tooltip. See Create Views in Tooltips (Viz in Tooltip). In order to make the custom shape look the best, consider the following tips:
- On the main worksheet, the maxheight and maxwidth of the viz in tooltip should match the resolution of the image
- On the viz in tooltip worksheet, click Size on the Marks card and move the slider to the right to decrease the white space around the image
CauseIn Tableau 2018.3 and earlier, URL actions will always be applied to the first web page object created within a dashboard and there is no way to define a target web page object.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials