Last Modified Date: 11 Sep 2018
- Tableau Server 2018.2 (upgrading from Tableau Server 2018.1 or earlier)
ResolutionAs a workaround, try one of the following options:
- run stop-administrative-services.cmd, start-administrative-services.cmd from the scripts directory,
- tsm configuration set -k service.runas.username -v "NT AUTHORITY\Network Service"
- tsm pending-changes apply.
- Let the upgrade finish and the change the Run As User back over to the original Run As User and apply the changes.
- Create a backup of your Tableau Server environment
- Run the obliterate script to completely remove Tableau Server 2018.2. For more information, see Remove Tableau Server from Your Computer in Tableau Help.
- Reinstall the previous version of Tableau Server
- Restore the backup created on uninstall (or an explicit backup that was created prior to the upgrade),
- Upgrade to 2018.2 and enter the correct Run As User username and password when running the upgrade-tsm script
CauseIf an incorrect Run As User username/password combination is specified, the upgrade-tsm script will retry the task it is on until the timeout of 2880 minutes is reached. This is a known issue that Development are working to resolve.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials