Last Modified Date: 25 Mar 2019
- Tableau Server 2018.2 (upgrading from Tableau Server 2018.1 or earlier)
Upgrade to Tableau Server 2018.2.4 or a newer version. Click here for downloads of current and previous versions of Tableau Server: Tableau Server Downloads and Release Notes. For more information on current releases, see Upgrade Tableau Server and Server Upgrade.
- run stop-administrative-services.cmd, start-administrative-services.cmd from the scripts directory,
- tsm configuration set -k service.runas.username -v "NT AUTHORITY\Network Service"
- tsm pending-changes apply.
- Let the upgrade finish and the change the Run As User back over to the original Run As User and apply the changes.
- Create a backup of your Tableau Server environment
- Run the obliterate script to completely remove Tableau Server 2018.2. For more information, see Remove Tableau Server from Your Computer in Tableau Help.
- Reinstall the previous version of Tableau Server
- Restore the backup created on uninstall (or an explicit backup that was created prior to the upgrade),
- Upgrade to 2018.2 and enter the correct Run As User username and password when running the upgrade-tsm script
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue with ID 810704 which has been corrected in more recent releases.
Discuss this article...