Last Modified Date: 30 Aug 2018
- Tableau Server 2018.2 (upgrading from 2018.1 or earlier)
If you are unable to upgrade Tableau Server to 2018.2.1, use the following workaround.
Step 1: Disable SSL prior to upgrading.
- Open command prompt as an administrator
- Enter the following command to stop the upgrade job in case it is still running:
c:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\packages\scripts.20182.18.0627.2230\stop-administrative-services.cmd
- Enter the following command to start administrative services:
c:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\packages\scripts.20182.18.0627.2230\start-administrative-services.cmd
- Disable SSL for gateway and postgres, and apply pending changes:
tsm configuration set -k pgsql.ssl.enabled -v false
tsm configuration set -k ssl.enabled -v false
tsm configuration set -k pgsql.ssl.required -v false
tsm pending-changes apply
Step 2: Perform the upgrade.Re-run upgrade script:
c:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\packages\scripts.20182.18.0627.2230\upgrade-tsm.cmd
Step 3: Re-enable SSLAfter upgrade succeeds:
CauseIf SSL is enabled prior to upgrading to Tableau Server 2018.2, the upgrade-tsm script will fail, and the following error will be reported in control_tabsvc_node1-0.log:
ERROR com.tableausoftware.service.helpers.JavaTrustStoreDeployer - Failed to import certificates.