Last Modified Date: 18 May 2018
- Tableau Server
- Microsoft Excel
ResolutionUse the following workaround:
- Download the workbook from Tableau Server.
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- If a published data source is used, right-click the connection and select Create Local Copy.
- In the Data pane, right-click the data source, and select Edit Connection.
- In the Excel Workbook Connection dialog box, type the full universal naming convention (UNC) path to the Excel data source in the Step 1 text box. For example, D:\datasource.xls has a UNC path that looks like the following: \\workstation1\d$\datasource.xls, where "workstation1" is the full computer name.
- Select Server > Publish Workbook.
- In the Publish Workbook to Tableau Server dialog box, clear Include External Files, and then click Publish.
CauseThe ability to update the UNC path for Excel data connections in Tableau Server is not currently available.
Additional InformationUNC paths differ depending on your operating system.
Example UNC path on Windows:
Example UNC path on Mac:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials