Alert notifications are being sent for of service UP Status, when no service DOWN Status notifications are being sent.
Status of the Gateway Service (or other service, but Gateway appears to be the most commonly affected) goes from 'Unknown' to 'UP'.
This does not appear to be an issue with the Gateway process itself, but with the status poller in Appzookeeper:
- Status poller checks status of services every six seconds by default (This appears to be set by key "monitoring.interval: 6" as seen in the workgroup.yml file).
- This poller misses a status report (not because the service is down, but because something has happened to the poller).
- The status poller then detects the Gateway service on the next status check and sees this as a status change.
- This status change triggers an Alert.
- The Alert sends a notification that the service is indeed UP.