Last Modified Date: 21 Jul 2020
- Tableau Desktop
ResolutionCheck for the presence of touch-screen or touch-pad utility tools, or any "extra" software that may be pre-installed on the machine, but is not necessary for the organization's work:
- Start Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- Close the running processes on the Processes tab one at a time by right-clicking and selecting "End task", and then test the Tableau UI's functionality, for example drag-and-drop functionality or navigating between workbook tabs, to confirm that things work as expected.
- Software known to cause the issue include, but are not limited to:
- WRITEit and other touch screen utilities
- HP UFT
HP conferencing keyboard
- Once the software causing the issue has been identified, uncheck the option for the add-in or disable the software (if possible).
CauseAnother application is interfering with the user interface functions of Tableau Desktop.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials