Last Modified Date: 10 Dec 2018
- Tableau Desktop
- Spatial files
ResolutionAs a possible workaround, extract the spatial file and append data from other spatial files to the extracted data source.
- Open the first spatial file by Tableau Desktop.
- Go to Sheet 1 and right-click the data source, then click Extract Data.
- Click Extract and save the hyper file to a desired folder.
- Click Data > New Data Source and open another spatial file
- Go to Sheet 1 and right-click the extracted data source > Extract > Append Data From Data Source.
- Select the other data source and click OK.
- Repeat Step 1 to 6 for all other spatial files.
- Click File > Save and save the workbook as a twb file to a desired folder.
- Click File > New to open another Tableau Desktop instance.
- Click Connect to Data and open the hyper file saved at step 3.
As this result, all spatial files are stored in the hyper file.
CauseThe ability to union multiple spatial files is not currently built into Tableau Desktop.
Additional InformationCommunity Idea: Union Multiple Spatial Files
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials