Last Modified Date: 27 Jul 2017
- Tableau Server
- Rest API
ResolutionIf a .twbx is downloaded when a .twb is desired,
- Unpackage the workbook. See Packaged Workbooks for more information.
If a .twb is downloaded when a .tbwx is desired,
- Right-click the data source and select Create Local Copy.
- Extract the data source.
- Package the workbook from Tableau Desktop.
CauseIncludeExtract=false does not determine the format in which the workbook is downloaded. The format is dependent on the data connections of the workbook:
- .twb will be downloaded for live connections and published connections
- .twbx will be downloaded for extracted connections
Additional InformationSince an embedded extract is not present on Tableau Server outside of the workbook, a workbook with an embedded extract must be downloaded as a .twbx so that the data source is present and the workbook will function as expected.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials