For Filter Actions
, it is possible to create a view where the end user clicks the header to pass multiple dimension member values. The attached example workbook uses the sample data set Superstore to demonstrate the following directions:Step 1: Create the Source Sheet
Step 2: Create the Dashboard
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field
- In the Calculated Field dialog box that opens, do the following, and then click OK: and Name the calculated field. In this example, the calculated field is named "Click Here".
- In the formula field, create a calculation similar to the following:
- "Click this text to navigate to 'Target Sheet' >"
- Drag [Click Here] to the Rows shelf.
- Drag [Customer Name] to Detail on the Marks card.
- In the dropdown on the Marks card, select Polygon.
- Navigate to Format > Borders…
- In the left-hand Format Borders pane, under Row Divider, for Pane, select None and close the Format Borders pane.
- Navigate to Analysis > Table Layout > uncheck Show Field Labels for Rows.
- Drag "Sheet 1" and "Source Sheet (filter)" onto a dashboard.
- Right-click the Customer Name filter and select Apply to Worksheets > Selected Worksheets…
- In the Apply Filter to Worksheets dialog, check Source Sheet and click OK.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Actions…
- In the Actions dialog click Add Action > Filter…
- In the Add Filter Action dialog, do the following:
- For Source Sheets, check only Source Sheet (filter).
- For Run action on, choose Select.
- In the dropdown menu under Target Sheets, select Target Sheet (filter).
- Click OK in each open dialog to close them