This options allows the dynamic filters to be at the top of the dashboard, but still requires another element at the bottom of the dashboard for the filter to hide under.
Step 1 - Create a "spacer" worksheet
This worksheet will contain a large square mark and will also be filtered by [View Filter].
- Create a calculated field with a name like "Blank" with a calculation similar to the following: ""
- Drag [Blank] to the Rows shelf.
- Right-click [Blank] on the Rows shelf and uncheck Show Header.
- On the Marks card, in the dropdown menu select Square.
- Resize the square until it is as tall as the Segment filter.
- Drag [View Filter] to the Filters shelf.
- In the Filters dialog, do the following and click OK:
- Select Custom value list.
- Type in "Bar Chart".
- Hit the Plus (+) symbol on the yellow bar.
Step 2 - Build the dashboard
- On the dashboard, drag the "spacer" worksheet, the Segment filter, and the Category filter into the same vertical layout container.
- Right-click click one of the filters and select Select Layout Container.
- Right-click white space in the selected layout container and check Floating.
- In the left-hand pane, select the Layout tab.
- With the layout container still selected change the y position so that the "spacer" worksheet is entirely off the top of the dashboard. In this example, the y position is -140.
- Add the [Choose a view] parameter to the view as a floating element, and resize the parameter control to cover the second filter.