Last Modified Date: 07 Jan 2019
- Tableau Desktop
Step 1 - Repair the Intallation of Tableau Desktop
- Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Click on "Tableau <Version #>, and then select:
- Windows 7: Repair
- Windows 8, 8.1, and 10: Uninstall/Change
- The Tableau Desktop installer will launch.
- Click Repair in the Tableau Desktop installer.
- After the installation is done, .twbx and .twb icons will become white rectangles.
Step 2 - Repair the file association to the programs
- Right click on a white rectangle .twbx icon, select Open with > Choose another app.
- In the "How do you want to open this file?" dialog, click Look for another app on this PC and select "C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau <Version #>\bin\tableau.exe".
- Select Tableau, check Always use this app to open .twbx files and then click OK.
- Repeat the above steps for .twb file.
CauseDue to repeating uninstallation and installation of Tableau Desktop, the association between the programs and files got corrupted.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials