Last Modified Date: 10 Apr 2018
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Desktop
ResolutionUpdate the connection information for the data source extract associated with the old Tableau Server address.
- Save and close the workbook.
- Sign in to Tableau Server using current name.
- Open the workbook.
- If you attempt to publish the workbook, the following error will occur: This workbook contains a Data Source that is dependent on a different Tableau Server
- Right-click the data source linked to the old Tableau Server name and choose Edit Connection....
- Click the Change Logon button and sign in to Tableau Server using the current Server name, then click OK.
- Click OK to recreate the extract
Once the connection is updated, you can publish the workbook successfully.
CauseThe workbook has an extract associated with a published data source linked to a different Tableau Server name. Usually this occurs after migrating or renaming Tableau Server.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials