Last Modified Date: 04 Jun 2020
ResolutionBelow is a possible workaround example for changing the highlight color using a parameter and calculation.
1. Create a parameter "Select a Sub-Category" to trigger the parameter action.
2. Create a calculation field "Color the Sub-Category"
IF [Select a Sub-Category]="" then "Blue" ELSEIF [Select a Sub-Category]= [Sub-Category] then "Orange" else "Gray" END
3. Create a calculation field "1", convert it to "Dimension". *This is to disable the trick to disable the default highlighting.
4. "Worksheet" > "Actions" to add a parameter action like the following.
5. Drag "Color the Sub-Category" to "Color"
6. Drag "1" to "Detail"
7. Change the Highlight to "1" like the following to disable the original effect of the highlight behavior
8. Click a line and set the colors for the selected line and the other lines.
9. Right click the parameter "Select a Sub-Category" and select "Show Parameter"
*Manually delete the contents in the parameter legend will trigger the line graph to go back to the original.
CauseThe ability to change the highlighting color used when selecting data in a view is not currently built into the product.
Additional InformationTo voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Editing Default Selection
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials