Last Modified Date: 25 Mar 2022
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
Option 1Make a copy of the field in the workbook and change the data type.
- Right-click the field which needs to be changed and select Duplicate to make a copy of the field.
- Change the data type of the copied field.
Option 2Create a local copy of the published data source and make the desired changes to the local copy of the data source.
- Create a local copy of the published data source by selecting Data > data source > Create Local Copy, and click Save.
- Replace the published data source with the new local data source by selecting Data > Replace data source.
- Replace Data Source can only occur in the worksheet view and the desired data source must be in use.
- Right-click the published data source and then select Close to close the published data source.
- Make the desired changes to the local copy of the data source.
CauseThis is an expected behavior. The users who are connecting to the published data sources should not be able to change the type of the data, unless the changes have been made by the owners of the published data source on Tableau Server.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials