Last Modified Date: 23 Dec 2016
ResolutionUse the following workaround: create custom grand total segments on different worksheets, and combine the sheets on a dashboard.
- Open Tableau Desktop and select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- In the Calculated Field dialog box that opens, enter a name for the field.
- In the formula field, create a calculated field similar to the following, and then click OK:
where <Field> is the field or table calculation used in the view.
- Right-click the sheet name and select Duplicate.
- On the new sheet, replace the original calculated field with the newly created calculated field, and then hide all but the first row of data.
- Right-click on the calculated field name on Rows or Columns and clear Show Header.
- Combine the crosstab sheet and the total sheet in a dashboard and format as desired. For more information, see Create a Dashboard.
CauseThe ability to use different aggregations for row and column grand totals when both grand total segments are enabled on a worksheet is not currently available in Tableau Desktop.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials