Last Modified Date: 21 Jun 2019
- Tableau Server
- Smart card
ResolutionWork with your Tableau Server Administrator and/or your IT team to perform the following steps:
Step 1: Before remotely accessing the computer running Tableau Server.
- Open RDC (Remote Desktop Connection)
- Select Show Options
- Select Local Resources
- Uncheck Smart cards
Step 2: Tableau Server & Microsoft Certificates Manager
- Sign-in to Tableau Server as the Run-As user.
- Select the Windows Start menu and search for certmgr
- Open the Microsoft Certificates Manager
- Navigate to the Personal and Certificates folders.
- Delete the smart card certificate. The "Intended Purposes' will show as PIV-FASC-N
CauseThe Tableau Server Run-as user account had imported smartcard certificates in its Personal Certificate store that were tied to another account. This causes Active Directory to wait on additional user input to proceed with authentication, so that Tableau Server cannot finish adding the user.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials