Last Modified Date: 21 Jun 2019
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 2019.2.0 or later
- Verify that Tableau Desktop 2019.2.0 or later is being used.
- Place a floating horizontal or vertical object on the dashboard
- Place the sheet inside the floating horizontal or vertical object.
- Select the underlying horizontal or vertical object and click the carrot in the top right of the object. (See attached screenshot)
- Select "Add Show/Hide Button"
CauseThis feature is currently available only for Horizontal or Vertical Object layout containers that are Floating. If the goal is to have a toggle button to show and hide a sheet on a dashboard, the sheet must first be placed on a floating horizontal or vertical object layout container. The option will not be available if the sheet is not on a horizontal or vertical container and that container is not floating.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials