Last Modified Date: 22 Jul 2020
- Add to the dashboard an image object that contains an image of a line. For more information, see Adding Dashboard Objects.
Option 2 (creates a single line)
- Add a layout container (horizontal or vertical) to the dashboard between the components to be separated
- Set the container fill to the desired color (doing this first makes it easier to find the container if focus is lost). Leave the border blank.
- Set the width or height (as relevant) to 1 pixel
Option 3 (creates borders around a sheet)
- Add Horizontal and Vertical layout containers to the dashboard.
- Drag worksheets to the layout containers.
- Format the layout container borders.
- Create a text box
- Create an underline as so: ___________________
- Place the text object on the Dashboard
CauseThe ability to insert vertical and horizontal lines as their own elements into a dashboard is not currently available in Tableau Desktop.
To voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: New Drawing Objects for Dashboards.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials