Last Modified Date: 07 Mar 2017
ResolutionTo extend the X-axis to accommodate the Reference line, and display Jan & Feb on the view, please follow the steps below, place an 'Invisible Reference Line' at a value of Jan 1, 2017 on a continuous MONTH(DateTime) axis.
Step 1: Create a Parameter
- Right-click in the Data pane and select Create Parameter.
- Name the Parameter as desired, then do the following, and click OK:
- Data Type: Date & Time
- Current Value: Manually navigate to the first day of the missing month. In this example: 01/01/2017
- Display Format: Automatic
- Right-click this new parameter and select Show Parameter Control.
Step 2: Add a Reference Line
- Right-click on the X-axis and select Add Reference Line.
- In Value, select the parameter created in step 1.
- In Label, select None to remove the title of the parameter on the view.
- In Line, select None to remove the vertical line that appears on top of January.
CauseAutomatic Axis scaling will extend from the MIN value to the MAX values in the domain for the field used on the Axis. To Extend the Axis beyond these values, the axis must be fixed, or a reference line added to the Axis at a location outside the domain of the field.
Additional InformationThe steps detailed in this article can be reviewed in the attached workbook.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials