1. Configure gateway.timeout and vizqlserver.querylimit timeouts
Please note that for Tableau Server 10.4 or later versions, the following steps do not need to be performed for the gateway.timeout.
The example here shows you how to increase the vizqlserver.querylimit timeout to 3600 seconds, or one hour.
- From the computer running Tableau Server, open a command prompt as an administrator.
- Change to the Tableau Server bin directory using the appropriate path for your operating system and server version. For example:
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\[version]\bin
- Run the following commands:
tabadmin set gateway.timeout 3600
tabadmin set vizqlserver.querylimit 3600
2. Test the configuration settings
After Tableau Server is restarted, repeat the steps that led to the timeout error. If necessary, adjust the timeout limits again. If the limits are still reached, have a database administrator check the query that is being run.