Last Modified Date: 10 Feb 2022
ResolutionCurrently this feature is not built into the product. As a workaround you can solve the problem by using the action filter.
The procedure is as follows:
<Create button sheet>
1. Connect to Sample Superstore
2. Drag and drop the dimension you want to use to the Columns. (In this case I use [Region])
3. Create a new calculated field with the following settings.
Name : Dummy
Calculation : IF COUNT([Region]) > 0
4. Drag and drop [Dummy] to the Columns.
5. Right-click on an axis > Edit Axis
6. Choose the range ‘Fixed’ and set is as follows.
Fixed start: 0 , Fixed end: 1.
7. Right-click on axis and dimension names > Click show header to hide it.
8. Drag and drop [Region] to Label.
9. To center the text, click Label and set around the placement.
10. Create a new sheet, also drag and drop [Region] to Columns and [Sales] to Rows.
11. Create a new dashboard, also drag and drop sheet1 and sheet2 to the view.
12. Click Dashboard in the toolbar. > Actions
13. Add Actions > Filter > Set as following.
CauseThis feature is not built in Tableau Desktop yet.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials