Last Modified Date: 19 Feb 2022
ResolutionThe ability to change the background color of the tooltip is currently not built into Tableau Desktop.
As a workaround try the following steps.
1. Connect to Sample - Superstore.
2. Drag and drop [Order Date] to Columns.
3. Drag and drop [Sales] to Rows.
4. Create a new sheet.
5. Drag and drop [Profit] to Text.
6. Click Format in tool bar, and click Shading.
7. In Format Shading, configure the shading settings.
8. In Sheet1, click the Tooltip in the Marks card.
9. Enter the following
<Sheet name="Sheet 2" maxwidth="300" maxheight="300" filter="<All Fields>">
CauseThis feature is not built in Tableau Desktop yet.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials