Last Modified Date: 31 Jan 2020
- Tableau Server 2018.2, 2018.3, 2019.1
- Windows Server 2012r2 or Windows Server 2016
To recover Tableau Server, perform the following steps:
- Stop Tableau Server.
- Log onto each node in the cluster and perform the following:
- In the Windows Services (services.msc), double-click on the "Tableau Server Services Manager".
- Ensure "Startup type" on the "General" tab is set to "Automatic".
- Click the "Log On" tab.
- Update the password.
- Click OK.
- Right-click on "Tableau Server Services Manager" and click "Start" to restart the service.
- Then, only on the initial node:
- Update the Run As User information using this article https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/runas_acct.htm.
- Start Tableau Server
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue with ID 867363 which is currently under investigation.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials