Last Modified Date: 26 Aug 2019
- Tableau Prep Builder 2019.1.1
- Mac OSX (Mojave)
- Run the following command in terminal to check the current hostname, and note it down in case you want to reverse the change:
- Run the following command to change the hostname to "localhost":
scutil --set HostName "localhost"
- Restart Tableau Prep Builder and verify that the issue no longer occurs.
CauseHostnames other than "localhost" can cause performance issues for some software, including Tableau Prep Builder.
- Change your Mac Hostname via Terminal at OSXDaily
- How to set hostname in Mac OS X with scutil at Marius van Witzenburg
- Why is Spring Boot extremely slow to start up on Mac OSX Mavericks at stackoverflow
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials