Last Modified Date: 22 Jan 2019
Use any of these three options to free up space on your C drive that was consumed by the map tile cache. Option 1 is the simplest for periodically clearing up space.
Delete map tile .png files from the temporary internet files folder.
- On the computer running Tableau Server, in Windows Explorer, navigate to: C:\Users\<Tableau Server Run As user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows. If the folder does not appear in Windows Explorer, display hidden files, folders, and drives. For more information, see Show hidden files in Windows Help.
- In Windows Explorer, search for .png files, and then delete them from the folder.
Move the temporary Internet files directory for the Run As User account to a different drive that has the space to accommodate them.
- Sign in to the computer running Tableau Server using the Tableau Server Run As User account.
- Stop Tableau Server. For more information, see the tabadmin stop command.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the General tab, and then under Browsing history, click Settings.
- In the Settings dialog box, click Move Folder, choose a new drive and location for the folder, and then click OK three times.
- Start Tableau Server. For more information, see the tabadmin start command.
Option 3Delete all the files from your temporary Internet files folder.
- Follow the instructions in View or delete temporary Internet files in Internet Explorer 9 in Windows Help. Clear the Preserve Favorites website data option, and select all the other options.
CauseTableau Server saves map tiles in the temporary Internet files folder to speed retrieval time. The tabadmin cleanup and tabadmin restart commands do not delete files from this folder.
Discuss this article...