Last Modified Date: 21 Sep 2021
- Tableau Desktop
- Windows 10
ResolutionIncrease the ATRREQUESTEDDURATIONSECONDS value, which is the LBLM lease duration time, to improve the end user experience so that users do not have to re-activate Tableau Desktop so frequently.
There are multiple ways to change the ATR duration time. For instance,
- Change it in the installation script
- Edit the Windows Registry
- Adjust the Library/Preferences for Mac
- Use the ATRDIAG tool specific to LBLM
CauseIncorrect ATR duration configuration.
The ATR requested duration is set to the lowest value allowed which is 4 hours. When Desktop is closed down each night, the LBLM lease will expire, causing the product to require a new activation every day.
The minimum value for the ATRREQUESTEDDURATIONSECONDS value is 4 hours with the maximum being 3 months.
Additional InformationFor more information about the LBLM lease duration settings:
- Visit the Tableau Community page: How to use ATRREQUESTEDDURATIONSECONDS for LBLM/Virtual Desktop
- Or review the LBLM video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHCmZXTzSxc
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials