Last Modified Date: 17 Nov 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Flat files
ResolutionFollow one of the following workarounds:
- Use extracts. For more information, see Extract Your Data in Tableau Help.
- Duplicate the files for each connection.
CauseTableau crash issues can be caused by :
- The Live connection to different data sources, and all these data sources are calling the exact same flat files.
- The Live connection to a flat file that has been moved to a different folder or that contains different sheet names compared to originally.
- The workbook (.twb) was linked to an Excel file path that did not exist anymore and/or the field names were modified.
Additional InformationFor more information about extracts, see the following documentation in Tableau Help:
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials