Tableau Bridge Status is Disconnected and Data Source List Doesn't Populate After Upgrading
Published: 19 Oct 2018
Last Modified Date: 01 Jun 2020
IssueWhen running Tableau Bridge 2018.2 in Application mode and upgrading to any newer release of the client, the following issues occur in the Tableau Bridge UI:
- Status shows Disconnected
- The list of data sources does not populate
- Tableau Bridge 2018.2 - 2018.3
- Application Mode
ResolutionTo prevent this issue from occurring, fully exit Tableau Bridge 2018.2 prior to running the 2018.3 or newer installer.
To resolve the issue if it has already occurred:
- Exit Tableau Bridge by clicking the Settings icon and choosing exit, or by right-clicking the icon in the system tray and choosing exit.
- Open Windows Task Manager, locate the process "TabBridgeClientWorker.exe", and end the process.
- Run the Tableau Bridge 2018.3 or newer installer again.
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue with ID 836601 which prevented Tableau Bridge 2018.2 from fully exiting during upgrade, and has been corrected in newer versions of Tableau Bridge.