Last Modified Date: 16 Feb 2018
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Desktop and Bridge 10.4.0, 10.4.1, 10.5
Option 1:Upgrade to Tableau Desktop and Bridge 10.4.3 or 10.5.1. For more information, see Upgrade Tableau Desktop.
Option 2:As a workaround, use the following steps:
- If Tableau Bridge is currently running, exit the client.
- Check Windows Task Manager for any still-running "Tableau Online Sync Client" processes and exit any you find.
- Exit any open Tableau Desktop sessions.
- Right-click the Tableau Desktop 10.5 icon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Use Server > Start Tableau Bridge client
- After the client is open, click Switch to service.
CauseAn issue in Tableau Bridge prevented startup of service mode when not run as administrator (issue ID 711871).
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials