Last Modified Date: 08 Jul 2022
- Tableau Desktop 2020.2 - 2020.4
ResolutionThe small sliver polygons should be removed from the polygon file.
- Open the polygon file in a geographic information system (GIS) or other tool for editing spatial files. QGIS is a free and open source option that works well for this.
- If the file uses multipolygon geometries, convert them from multipart to single part
- Calculate the area for the single part polygons
- Delete the polygons with exceptionally small areas (typically much smaller than 1 square meter; generally in the order of 0.001 square meter)
- Collect the geometry back into multipart polygons
- Save your edits
- Refresh your datasource in Tableau, or replace with your edited spatial file, and try the join again
CauseThe issue may occur when very narrow/small polygons are used.
This is a known issue in Tableau Desktop that is under investigation by development team.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials