Last Modified Date: 22 May 2019
- Tableau Desktop 2018.1 - 2018.3
Option 1Upgrade to Tableau Desktop 2018.1.13 or a newer version. See Tableau Desktop Downloads and Release Notes for downloads of current and previous versions of Tableau Desktop. For more information on current releases, see Upgrade Tableau Desktop and Desktop Upgrade.
Option 2As a workaround, disable Hardware Acceleration in the Tableau Desktop:
- Ensure that all instances of Tableau Desktop are closed.
- Open Tableau Desktop by clicking on the Tableau Desktop icon, not by opening a workbook file.
- Once Tableau Desktop has launched, navigate to Help > Settings and Performance.
- Uncheck Enable Accelerated Graphics. Note: this option will not be available if a workbook file was opened.
- Close Tableau Desktop.
CauseThis issue (ID: 801811) has been fixed in a recent release of Tableau Desktop.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials