Services Down and Users Unable to Log In to Tableau Server with Vizportal Process Threads Continuously Increasing
Published: 29 Aug 2018
Last Modified Date: 02 Jan 2019
- Users are unable to log in to Tableau Server.
- Running 'tabadmin status -v' or 'tsm status -v' shows services down.
- The vizportal process - 'vizportal.exe' on 2018.1 and below, and 'run-vizportal.exe' on 2018.2 and Linux - shows an unusually large number of threads continuously increasing over time.
- Tableau Server access logs show numerous requests to systeminfo.xml.
- Tableau Server 2018.1 and Tableau Server 2018.2
- Monitoring software such as Interworks Power Tools Server or Nagios
ResolutionUpgrade to one of the following versions:
- Tableau Server 2018.1.5 or later
- Tableau Server 2018.2.2 or later
CauseThis behavior is related to known issue 795642, which has been resolved in more recent releases.
Discuss this article...