Services Down and Users Unable to Log In to Tableau Server with Vizportal Process Threads Continuously Increasing
Published: 29 Aug 2018
Last Modified Date: 10 Sep 2018
- Users are unable to log in to Tableau Server.
- Running 'tabadmin status -v' or 'tsm status -v' shows services down.
- The vizportal process - 'vizportal.exe' on 2018.1 and below, and 'run-vizportal.exe' on 2018.2 and Linux - shows an unusually large number of threads continuously increasing over time.
- Tableau Server access logs show numerous requests to systeminfo.xml.
- Tableau Server 2018.1 - 2018.2
- Monitoring software such as Interworks Power Tools Server or Nagios
ResolutionUse one of the following workarounds:
- Stop the monitoring software.
- Restart Tableau Server.
Note: Restarting Tableau Server will release the threads temporarily, but they will continue to build up again if the monitoring software continues to run and request systeminfo.xml.
CauseThis behavior is related to known issue 795642, which is currently under investigation.