Last Modified Date: 04 Nov 2019
ResolutionAs a workaround, try the following steps:
- Click Server > Users.
- Select the checkbox for the newly created server admin, then go to Actions and select Site Membership.
- Uncheck Selected users are Server Administrators from the bottom.
- You will then notice that only one site is checked. Select both sites and set the site role for both to Site Admin.
- Leave the Server Admin box at the bottom unchecked, and click Save.
- The user should now be demoted to a Site Admin.
- Re-select the checkbox for the user and go back to Actions and select Site Membership.
- Select the checkbox at the bottom Selected users are Server Administrators and click Save.
- User will now be re-promoted to Server Admin and should now appear on the Users list for both sites.
CauseThis behavior is by design.
Additional InformationFor additional information about this topic, see the following Tableau Community Thread: Multiple server administrators not showing on all sites
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials