Last Modified Date: 30 Aug 2018
- Tableau Server
- Web authoring
ResolutionAs an administrator, grant publishing rights to affected users.
- Sign in to Tableau Server as an administrator and navigate to Admin > Users.
- Select the check box next to the user name.
- On the menu bar, select Actions - Site Role
- Select "Publisher" and click "Change Site Role."
CauseUsers must have publishing rights to Save or Save As in web authoring.
- The option to Save will only be available if you are an owner of the workbook. Otherwise, you will only see Save As.
- If you need to Save a workbook and you only have Save As permissions, you can choose Save As and save the workbook with the same title as the original. This will overwrite the original workbook.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials