Last Modified Date: 16 Sep 2021
- Tableau Prep Builder 2020.4.5
ResolutionAs a workaround, please follow the steps below:
- Open Tableau Prep or Tableau Desktop via the UI to activate using LBLM.
- Change the ATR duration to 3 months (maximum) on Tableau Desktop by editing the registry or by changing the settings using cmd line.
- Use the product key instead of LBLM using Tableau Desktop:
"C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau <version>\bin\tableau.exe" -activate <product_key>
- Use Prep Conductor to publish the flows to Tableau server (This requires Data Management Add on)
CauseWhen using LBLM Tableau Prep or Tableau Desktop cannot finish the sign in to server at the end of the lease period.
Additional InformationFor more information, see About Tableau Prep Conductor
Please vote for the enhancement idea in Tableau Community here:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials