Last Modified Date: 13 Jun 2018
- Tableau Server 10.1 - 10.4
- Tableau Online
ResolutionUse one of the following workarounds:
Option 1As a Tableau Server Administrator, upgrade to Tableau Server 10.3.7 or 10.4.3. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Server in Tableau Help.
Option 2:Use Shift+Enter instead of just Enter for line breaks.
Option 3:Add one or two blank lines to the end of the title and republish the workbook.
Option 4:From Tableau Desktop:
- Click on the title in the dashboard to highlight its container.
- Drag its lower border down to accommodate all rows of text in your title (may need to add some extra space here)
- Click the down-arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the title container and select "Fixed Height"
- Save and republish workbook to Tableau Server.
Note: You can also use Edit Height from the same down-arrow (see step 3 above) and choose exactly how many pixels you want. It may take a couple of tries to get it just right, but fixing the size of the title in this way will ensure that all rows of text in the title will show up when published.
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue with ID 699837, that has been fixed in a recent release of Tableau Server.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials