Last Modified Date: 29 Nov 2019
- Tableau Reader
ResolutionClear the query cache by following the below steps.
Option 1: Invalidate the Cache by Refreshing the Data SourceEach time the data source is refreshed, the cache is invalidated, making this a very simple alternative to the more complicated process of manually clearing the cache.
Option 2: Manually Clear the Cache
- Close all instances of Tableau.
- Navigate to the caching folder. For example: C\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Tableau\Caching.
- Modify/clear the desired cache(s).
Option 3: Check Filters
- Open workbook in Tableau Desktop
- Edit the filter which displays the issue
- Choose 'Select from list'
- Select all values
- This only works for file-based data sources upon which a query has been performed, as this is a query cache.
- Restarting Tableau Desktop and Reader does NOT clear the query cache, as the cache is file-based, not memory-based.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials