Last Modified Date: 20 Dec 2019
ResolutionAs a workaround, use a parameter to select which dimension appears in the view. The following instructions can be reviewed in the attached sample workbook.
- Right-click in the Parameters pane and select Create Parameter.
- In Data type choose String.
- Under Allowable Values select List and add the desired dimension names.
- Create a new calculated field with the following formula:
CASE [<parameter name>] WHEN "Category" THEN [Category] WHEN "Sub-Category" THEN [Sub-Category] WHEN "Product Name" THEN [Product Name] END
- Drag the new calculated field to the Rows shelf.
- Right-click on the parameter created above and select Show Parameter Control.
CauseThe ability to have level of drill down in a hierarchy persist across multiple sheets in a dashboard is not currently a feature in Tableau Desktop.
Additional InformationTo voice your support for the inclusion of this feature request in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Hierarchy Drill Down to all sheets in Dashboard.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials