Licenses show in Tableau Services Manager but show 'No Licenses' in Tableau Server
Published: 05 Jan 2021
Last Modified Date: 08 Jul 2022
- Tableau Server shows 'No Licenses' in Manage All Sites > Settings > Licenses page.
- The Tableau Server Users page shows the correct seat count.
- TSM (Tableau Services Manager) shows correct licenses.
- Trusted Storage reads appropriately.
- Tableau Server 2019.3.19 and earlier
- Tableau Server 2019.4.18 and earlier
- Tableau Server 2020.1.15 and earlier
- Tableau Server 2020.2.12 and earlier
- Tableau Server 2020.3.7 and earlier
- Tableau Server 2020.4.3 and earlier
- Tableau Server 2021.1.0
ResolutionThis is a display issue of the license status. Tableau Server processes are up and running normally. For the license:
To permanently resolve the issue, upgrade Tableau Server to 2019.3.20, 2019.4.19, 2020.1.16, 2020.2.13, 2020.3.8, 2020.4.4, 2021.1.1, or newer.
- Use TSM Licenses List command or the TSM UI to verify seats and licenses.
- View the Users page on Tableau Server to see available seats.
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue with ID 1195152 which has been resolved in later versions.