Last Modified Date: 14 Aug 2018
EnvironmentTableau Server 2018.1
Option 1:Upgrade to Tableau Server 2018.2 or a newer version. For more information, see Upgrade Tableau Server.
Option 2:If you are unable to upgrade, use one of the following workarounds.
To determine the current total seat count:
- For single-site servers, navigate to the Settings page and click on General.
- For multi-site servers, click the All Sites dropdown and navigate to a specific site. Then, navigate to the Settings page and click on General.
- Under the Managing Users section, attempt to set a limit to the number of users that is higher than your total licenses.
- A message should be received stating "User quota cannot be greater than the total number of licenses (##)"
- For single-site servers, navigate to the Users page and open the Toggle Filters menu.
- For multi-site servers, select Manage All Sites from the sites dropdown. Then, navigate to the Users page and open the Toggle Filters menu.
- Click the dropdown for Site Role, and each role will be displayed along with the number of users associated with that role.
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue with id 776390 which has been corrected in more recent releases.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials