IssueAfter applying the July 10, 2018 Monthly Rollup Windows update (KB4338815, KB4338830, or KB4338818, depending on OS version), Security-only Windows update (KB4338824, KB4338820, or KB4338823, depending on OS version), or Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer (KB4339093), Tableau Server becomes unstable, demonstrating some or all of the following symptoms:
- Services stop and will not restart.
- Certificate errors may appear in the Windows Event Log.
- The Gateway process reports that port 80 or 443 is in use by another process.
- When attempting to start Tableau Server via tabadmin start, the following error may occur:
"Unable to determine if all components of the service started properly"
- The tablicsrv process fails to start with the following error:
"Unable to start service 'tablicsrv': (1058) The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
- The following error can be found in the httpd\startup.log
"(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"