How to display both Total and Average using the Grand Total in Crosstab
Published: 12 Jun 2022 Last Modified Date: 08 Jul 2022
How to display both the Total and Average with the Grand Total in the crosstab.
The steps below describes how to make a crosstab like below. <Example>
<Steps> -Create The Total Sheet- 1. Connect to Sample Superstore 2. Drag [Order Date] to Columns and [Region] to Rows. 3. Drag [Sales] to Text in Marks. 4. Toolbar > Analysis > Totals > Show Column Grand Totals.
5. Right click on Grand Total on the crosstab > Format > Change the Label to Total.
6. Duplicate the sheet1.
-Create The Average Sheet- 7. Go to the duplicated sheet. 8. Toolbar > Analysis > Totals > Total All Using > Average.
9. Right click on Total on the crosstab > Format > Change the Label to Total.
-Create Dashboard- 10. Create New Dashboard. 11. Click on Floating.
12. Drag Sheet 1 to dashboard. 13. Drag Sheet 2 to dashboard > Click on Title to hide title.
14. Set Floating Order on Sheet 2 back.
15. Adjust the Average row of Sheet 2 to be placed below the Total row of Sheet 1
This feature is not built in Tableau Desktop yet.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.