Last Modified Date: 02 Feb 2018
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Public
ResolutionFollow these steps:
- Confirm which URL from New Relic is triggering the Firewall
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from Sending Tableau Desktop Log Files to create "clean" logs that reproduce the issue.
- Use a text editor such as Notepad and open log.txt in the Logs folder.
- Find the failing URL in log.txt, for example NetworkAccessException: QNetworkReply::NetworkError=6, request url=[[https://bam.nr-data.net/1/6259888ee2]
- https://bam.nr-data.net and https://js-agent.newrelic.com will be the two domains that most often cause the firewall to block login access to Tableau Online from Tableau Desktop.
- Whitelist the above found domains in the firewall software so that the client application on the computer can interact directly with Tableau Online and/or Public.
Attempt to login to the Tableau Online Site through Tableau Desktop.
CauseTableau Online and Tableau Public utilize New Relic's web analytics platforms, which can cause some firewall programs to protect local client applications from accessing Tableau Online or Public (specifically Tableau Desktop).
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials