IssueAfter upgrading from Tableau Server 10.3.X to 10.5.X or later, extract refreshes fail or take a long time.
Additionally, depending on your hardware:
- If the hardware is fast enough, extract refreshes may take up to 5x as long in 10.5 and later versions (hyper).
- If the hardware is not sufficient, the refreshes may appear to fail or timeout, and the following errors might occur on the Background Tasks for Extracts Admin View:
- DataSourceException: Unable to materialize temporary table
- DataSourceException: server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
- DataSourceException: ERROR: canceled