Last Modified Date: 07 Feb 2019
- Launch Excel and choose to open a new blank workbook.
- Click the Data tab and select From Text.
- Browse to the saved CSV file and select Import.
- Ensure that Delimited is selected and click Next.
- Leave Tab as the delimiter and click Next.
- Select the column containing the data with leading zeros and click Text.
- Repeat for each column which contains leading zeros.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK.
CauseThe CSV file exported from Tableau Server does not contain the column data type. When opened in Excel, the default data type for columns containing numbers results in truncated leading zeros.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials