Option 1 - Tableau Server 10.3 and earlier
- Upgrade Tableau Server to 10.0.12, 10.1.10, 10.2.4, 10.3.2, 10.4.1, or newer. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Server.
- Ensure that each service name has been correctly set up, particularly Tableau Server License Manager. See Verify Tableau Service Settings for more information.
- Check that the Tableau Server Run As User has full control permission to the Tableau Server data directory, located by default at C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server.
If this error message appears when Tableau Server has not been restarted after a new product key is activated, restart Tableau Server using the tabadmin command line tool.
To restart Tableau Server, see the steps below:
- Sign in to the Tableau Server computer as a local administrator, either directly or through a Remote Desktop connection.
- Open the Command Prompt by right-clicking the icon and choosing "Run as administrator". In the Command Prompt window, change to the Tableau Server bin directory by typing the following command
cd C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\<version>\bin
- Run the following commands :
tabadmin status -v