Option 1: Tableau Desktop 2019.3 and later versions
Run the Tableau Desktop installer again. It is not possible to split the FLEXnet package from the installer in newer versions of Tableau Desktop.
If reinstalling Tableau Desktop does not resolve the issue, perform the following:
- Close all instances of Tableau Desktop.
- From the Mac OS X desktop, hit Command+Shift+G
- In the Go to Folder dialog, enter: /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/
- Rename the FLEXnet folder by adding '_backup'
- Start Tableau Desktop and activate your product key.
Option 2: Tableau Desktop 2019.2 and earlier versions
On the computer running Tableau Desktop, manually install the FlexNet licensing components.
If Tableau Desktop is installed on a non-default, or secondary volume, manually move the FNPLicensingService to the Root Library directory.
- In Finder, click Applications.
- Hold down the Control key, click Tableau, and then select Show Package Contents.
- Double-click Contents, double-click Installers, and then double-click Tableau FLEXNET.pkg.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard and use the default options.
- In Finder, locate the FNPLicensingService file located in the "/Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/Service/11.16.2/" folder on the same volume Tableau Desktop is installed on.
- Copy the FNPLicensingService into the system root library and create the necessary folders: /Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/Service/11.16.2/
- Once that file is placed properly, launch and activate Tableau Desktop.